James Emmott Caldwell left his hometown of Poughkeepsie, New York in 1836 to study as a jeweler and watchmaker in New York City. In 1839, he opened his first jewelry shop and began creating his own jewelry in Philadelphia under a partnership. In 1841, J.E. Caldwell & Co. was officially formed.
J.E. Caldwell jewelry quickly grasped an identity of finely handcrafted pieces influenced by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements. These pieces remain some of the most intricate and refined of their kind, mounted with the true artistry that distinguishes every piece of jewelry bearing the J.E. Caldwell imprint.
Copyright © 2021 J.E. Caldwell - All Rights Reserved.